Friday, May 23, 2008

~Of WriTinG AnD WorDs~

I know this isn't the update that I have promised to write as my next post but I feel it necessary for me to convey my thoughts now.I have read quite a few blogs that belong to people I do not know and also blogs of my friends.And before I started my own blog,I have most certainly heard about other people's blogs from my friends.I feel it a very interesting and also wonderful thing to able to say and express one's thoughts and feelings through writing.And yet,I am also to the strong opinion that even if it is a person's blog and he or she has the full right to write whatever they want on it,it is utterly inappropriate to use one's blog to undermine,make fun of or disgrace another.

Yes,maybe you will disagree with me saying:"Hey,it's my blog,and my right to voice my feelings!"But I must remain firm on this statement.With language,one might find that sometimes it is by the accidental slip of tongue or mind that they say something bad or rude about another or maybe even get into an argument with a friend that ends with searing insults and curses.But by saying something rude,after you have said it,and you regret it,it will be just what it is:Something said in the moment of temporary madness which was blown away by the wind.And even if you do not regret it,it is also likely for the person you channeled your hatred and anger to have forgotten about it and also maybe have decided to ignore it.It is not something permanent.It is not something recorded.It is not something you use your mind to think and plan through.Even if you remember it to the ends of your life that someone has scolded you something you never want to ever hear to be used to describe you,in the end it means nothing and is unimportant.It doesn't matter how mad you are and how you hated the person and that you just want to tell every living soul what had happened and what had been said as everything you said and everything the other said will be just what it is:Sounds and Human voices.

But in words,in writing,it's an entirely different matter.To write something hateful and rude to scold another person or show just how angry you are,you have to think what you want to write.You have to choose a variety of words that show just how much you hated or how angry you were at a person.You have to write with a vengeful passion.You have to channel all your hatred into what you are writing to show just how intense the hatred or anger you were feeling.You have to write to undermine and destroy the person utterly in other's eyes.You have to show you are right and that the other was entirely at fault.In short,one who writes vengeful things of another doesn't just act on the rash impulse of anger as they thought they do.Because writing is in itself a thoughtful process and one has to really dig deep inside his or her heart to find that dark,evil and ugly blob of hatred and anger to fuel their minds and body to write.It is actually really sad,and the worst thing is that what is written and shown could not be undone.It was set.Permanent.It will not be gone with the wind,it will still exist even if one has deleted it or destroyed it as words carry more impact than language.It will still exist as it has been in black and white even if one regrets it.And I can certainly assure you,sometimes what is written can cause a thousand times more pain than what is said.

I think,all should understand that words have a meaning of their own.And stringing together a selection of words by writing is just like creating a song.In a song,each note and syllable is distinct from one another and each capable of producing different sounds which all could touch a person's heart.So,by seeing how one strings together different words,it is possible for one to become the creator of a song that is entirely beautiful and melodious which could touch people or the creator of a destructive and distorted song that isn't even like a song,just a strange and distant sound resonating from the depths of the pit which contains everything evil of humanity.And I am pretty sure the latter,when listened to,will cause chaos and wreak havoc.

So,for those who are reading this and have put up with my rambling through this lengthy passage,please,please think twice if you ever have the impulse to write something bad about a person who you are angry with as the words you have written is definitely a double edge sword that will hurt you in the end.

3 comments:

d3viL voW~ said...

I agree with wat u say. 文字就像一把刀,读着一些伤人的文字就像用把刀在你心上狠狠地刻上这些烙印,不可磨灭。文字可以十分优美,感动人心,但恶毒的文字却只会把心割得伤痕累累。但是持刀的人却不知道肉的痛啊!

Sebastian the Crabby said...

哇~
佩蓉的感触真是深刻喔…(我同情你)
你到底在说谁呀?
你的文章有一种指桑骂槐的感觉哦…
好“凶猛”的文章~

Huii said...

swt swt.
ur eng.
wth.
so eong.
i wonder in how many years i can learn 2 use those words in ur blog 4 my essay writing.
zzz~
i din finish ur blog la.
quite dull + long + vocabs n sentence i duno wth it means.
zzz~