Friday, May 29, 2009

Form 6 MOTIVATION CAMP~

I went for my Form 6 Motivation Camp some time ago. It was a three day, two night stay inTok Bali at a resort named as 'Sweet Beach Resort'...And so, after gathering in the school during the morning, we started our journey via bus at ten something in the morning.

First Day:
Our teacher had only told us in the morning that we would be sleeping in fours in rooms instead of in dorms. This means that we have our own bathroom. This was a great relieve as the bathroom of the dorms are located outside and it is 'ala-Western' which means NO DOORS. We girls had been worrying about how to take a nice bath with a sarung so its good that we don't need to worry about it.

On the bus, we sang and 'ki-siao-ed' with one another~After the tedious process of checking in and receiving keys, we immediately went to our room to seek refuge from the scorching sun. And after changing and washing up, we went for our motivation slot. My brother came with his friend who is our motivator and I got news that my cat Snowy had given birth to FIVE kittens~!!

Then there was the Maths T2 slot. Jia Wei's dad was the penceramah. It was ok, and I think the notes he gave are quite detailed and useful~

Maths T1 was by our own Ms. Lee CK. She really proved herself as a First Class Honours. There were two slots. The first for teaching methods and the second for exercises. The first was very lovely, but the second was just pure hell as she reversed back into the Ms. Lee in class and asked us to do a LOT of exercises in a very limited time..But I gained a lot of info though...

Nothing much could be said today. Except that the room opposite mine where Wei Fong, Keh Jun, Caryn and Xiao Shuang were supposed to sleep at had a LOT of cockroaches. Therefore, Caryn and Xiao Shuang tumpang at our room while the other two went to bunk with Art Class students.

Second Day:
Almost cannot wake up...The first event was PA quiz. And last night our group had studied until quite late. The quiz was a very very fun and nice event to do. After five rounds, we won!! It was a minor difference between us and the Art class, but nevertheless, WE WON!! It was a happy thing for all of us.

The PA ceramah afterwards was by our own PK HEM. Unfortunately, by some unknown reason, my spectacles was broken. Therefore, even though I was siting in the first row I had difficulty reading the things he wrote on the white board. Vaguely, I wondered how I was going to survive the next two ceramahs...

Next, PHYSICS. This was supposed to be THE MOST IMPORTANT ceramah for us Form 6 science students who are taking Physics. My hopes of hearing a good ceramah dimmed when I saw the penceramah. And when she started, doubts begin to form in my mind. Mr. Lim came in then, our beloved Physics teacher in school, and sat one side to listen too. And then...the penceramah, a 'she', said: "Ahh...Apa formula too lagi...?"

That's it. All my hopes of getting something good was SQUASHED the moment she said that. And when Mr. Lim had stood up to help her, remind her of the formulas, write it out for her, I felt DESPAIR...My heart dropped as far as my mouth dropped.

What the--?! Was she really a marker??!! And she can't even remember the basic formulas like v=u + at and said it as S=u + at....HAIZ...She asked us to do past year questions but can't even expplain or tell us formulas but ask us copy the typed out answers displayed on the screen. And there were NUMEROUS times that she required Mr. Lim's help.

It was the most torturing slot for me...I could only hope that time could go faster. Even now that I am recalling and writing this that I feel so angry and despair that words couldn't bring justice to how shocked and tortured I was during the slot. And I think all of us felt the same too. After that I swore to myself and Mr. Lim that I will always pay attention to him in class.

But still, I got myself to listen attentively through the whole slot. I could tell that she really was trying to give us a good ceramah, but all I wanted to tell her is: "Hon, you don't have the chops or skills for it." Nevertheless, I applaud her on her courage and determination to give us ceramah.

I think the thing that all of us gained from it was that we will definitely pay attention to Mr. Lim in class now. We really realize how good and important our beloved teacher is. >_< _="">

No comments: