Friday, April 3, 2009

Pesta Bahasa

Yesterday was our school's Pesta Bahasa...Or more adequately put= Language Festival. Because of our school's 'ngetok-ness' this year, Form 6 students are also required to enter.

And curse my luck, I entered both Public Speaking(English) and Commercial Acting(Chinese). Due to the sudden revelation that Science classes are competing against Arts classes which means that both Bio and Physics class has to join together, we only started choosing our members and planning our script just a week prior to the competition.

In truth, we only used bout 3 days to rehearse. And another truth: I thought we were SCREWED.

Yet, very very fortunately, our members are all very cooperative and we managed to pull it off!! And I just have to salute Qian Qian, Miao, 3rd wife, Hoe Cheong, Chun Way, Agnes, Hoon Leng, Keng Sheng and Jun Tat for their SUPERB performance!! Especially Qian Qian as there were really moments where I felt her 'teacher's aura'~>_<

I didn't actually contribute a lot...Which I am very embarrassed to say...Maybe just by helping to organize and also to help arrange the props~=_="

Another note, Public Speaking was in general a disaster. I know nobody is listening to me so I decided to make myself less a fool by cutting my speech by about half of it. In the end I was positive I was speaking so fast the words are just tumbling together. Really, I can't hear a damn thing which I said on stage...T_T

This year, 5K2 won in the Dikir Barat competition...I was really impressed as I felt their show was really good. It had so much energy. It's not that the other 2 classes are bad, it's just that the true form of dikir is in itself a form of RAW energy. One felt 'semangat' after listening to dikir. And the other two classes seem to lack it in a sense that their shouting seemed to tired and their movements seemed to lagged. But 5K2 was just radiating with energy, something I positively enjoyed. I think I screamed the most times when they were performing~>_<

But still, I know that training for Dikir is a time consuming and also mentally, emotionally and physically exhausting thing..Therefore I applaud all classes on their hard work~

However, the guys of 5K2 seem to lack sportsmanship as they kept 'boo-ing' other classes, which I find extremely rude and idiotic...

In the end, our iklan got second and I got first in public speaking...(But believe me, it's NOT a glorious thing...)

Even though we got second, I must say that I am pretty happy~In my heart we will always be the first, and I am very very proud of all my members~!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU GUYS~!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST~!!!

And to JunTat~Your script REALLY good dy~If not, everyone won't be able to act in such an energetic way~!!

Again, as a final note: a HUGE applaud to-->

Qian Ling, Yi Wen, Zhen Jee, Hoe Cheong, Keng Sheng, Jun Tat, Hoon Leng, Agnes, Chun Way and also Jason (for garnering the courage to whip out his script on stage and 'lose his virginity' for the sake of pesta bahasa) on their hard work and efforts~!!

You guys really are the best!!! *HAPPY, HAPPY, DANCES AROUND~*

No comments: