Thursday, April 24, 2008

LeT's GeT LouD~!!!

I need earplugs.This is what I keep telling myself whenever there are football or badminton matches.Why is that so?

It is because I have not one,but two extremely expressive people in my house.The first is my dad while the other is my brother.The two of them are able to relay and express their feelings adequately and thoroughly through a certain selection of words and expressions.

Let me show you a small clip of conversation between them and the television during a particular badminton match.

(Start of clip)
DAD:Argh---!!!How can you miss it?!Come on Chong Wei!!It is 17 to 16 already.Come ON!!

Five minutes later...

DAD and BRO:NO-----!!!!!
DAD:NO!!!Another point!Come on,come on Chong Wei!!Don't let that guy beat you!!!
BRO:*SIGHS*Chong Wei....Why like this de...???!!!

I enter the scene.

ME:So,what's the score?What's happening?
DAD and BRO:*Grunts,Sighs,Mutter something inaudible under their breath...*
ME:O-Kay...I guess it's not that good but do you both have to look like the world is coming to an end??
DAD:Chong Wei....What is wrong with you today...Two points already!!
BRO:*SIGHS....*

Suddenly...

DAD and BRO:YEESSS!!!!!
I wince.
DAD:That's how you do it!Come ON,Chong Wei!!!Keep it up...Smack!YES!YES!
BRO:*Mutters*Come on,come on...Game point already....
(End of clip)

If you think THAT was dramatic,I am telling you,you AIN'T seen nothing yet.Football season is sometimes more worse with the occasional sudden outburst of "GOAL!!!YES!!!" or "NO,NO,NO!!!That was a FOUL damn it!!!"

So really,I NEED earplugs....

But it doesn't mean I do not show the same ammount of enthusiasm towards sports.I am just not that expressive.I do participate in their emotional showcases during badminton matches too.I am just more subtle.

Let me show you:

1.Ah.= Oh,a small mistake.
2.AHHHHH!!!= BIG mistake.How can you miss THAT?!
3.AhHAHAHAHAHA!!= YES~!That's it!Give it to him!!Yes!
4.Ughhhhh.......= S***,the other team gamepoint already...I can barely watch...
5.NO!!!= NONONONONO~!!!WE LOST!! (This expression is extremely rare..It's too much of an outburst..)
6.Yahoo~! OR YES!!= We won,we won,we won...WE WON!

See,at least I am not as colourful as my brother and dad in their selection of words...

.....But maybe I am as loud.

Damn....It's my mum who needs earplugs...

No comments: